Welcome to Momma Jamma

Welcome to a blog all about babies, children and the wacky world of motherhood. I strive to keep you laughing, informed and up-to-date on all things dealing with being a parent.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

PERSONAL: Idiocy Strikes Bedtime



Ok, we all make mistakes, sadly as a Full-Time Mom if you mess up, you run the risk of harming your kid. Thank GOD it turns out the little one wasn't poisoned by her idiot mother!

Last night my husband finally noticed something was up and asked, "Umm, honey, where is the toothpaste up here? Are you using this teething gel on her teeth every night instead of toothpaste?"

I scoffed at him from downstairs as I prepared dinner and told him that it indeedwas toothpaste, it was just made by Orajel.

Um, no I was incorrect, it wasthe teething gel I had been putting on her teeth instead of the baby toothpaste. Whoops! I think I must have switched them when I cleaned out her bathroom and put all her toiletries away, about a month ago! Nice work mom!

A quick call to the pediatrician office and Poison Control (1-800-222-1222) confirmed it was not lethal and could only be really harmful if symptoms like difficulty breathing occured or her nails started turning blue or if she exhibited other signs of a rare disease called methemoglobinemia.

Don't be dumb like me, though, double-check everything before giving it to your kid please! It, at the very least, will save you from feeling horribly guilty and scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment