Welcome to Momma Jamma

Welcome to a blog all about babies, children and the wacky world of motherhood. I strive to keep you laughing, informed and up-to-date on all things dealing with being a parent.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

PERSONAL: How Come I Feel Fatter Than Five Months Ago?

I have to say to all those moms considering breastfeeding, do it. Even if it sucks big time (it did for me anyway), it's not only the best thing for your baby's health, but it's also the best thing that could happen to your waistline. I judge no one for not doing it, because like I said before, it totally sucked for me and was a SUPER inconvenience, BUT if you need another reason to do it, here is one--big time weight loss.

Many women hear that breastfeeding burns 500 calories a day, but many won't see the actual results of this until a few months after having their baby; so many may not believe it. It's freaggin' true my dears.

Seven months after having Angie I was needing a belt to fit my pre-pregnancy pants up above my super tiny bootie. I had the biggest ta-tas I'd ever had in my life and maybe not the tiniest waistline but it didn't matter because my tatas were so big my shirts never touched any part of my belly. My thighs, however, were smaller than they've been since I was about 23. Nice!

Now my daughter is a year old, I'm swimming at the YMCA at least twice a week, working out in my home-gym at least once a week and taking walks etc...like crazy and yet I think I'm fatter somehow. Let's just say there is definitely no need for a belt anymore. Why? Because I stopped breastfeeding when Angie was about seven/eight months old, that's why.

To my own fairness, like I said a million times, it was terrible for me, so lasting that long is like a medal of honor really (and the only reason I really stopped was because I couldn't get her to stop biting my nipples once she got teeth). But I would love another plan that involves burning 500 calories without breaking a sweat! :) I wonder if anyone has just continued pumping after their kid stopped feeding to keep losing weight? Would be extreme but I could see it happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment