Welcome to Momma Jamma

Welcome to a blog all about babies, children and the wacky world of motherhood. I strive to keep you laughing, informed and up-to-date on all things dealing with being a parent.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

PERSONAL: Baby Go Boom


All kids who walk try to run. And at some point all kids who try to run, or walk, fall. And all kids who fall eventually bang their heads. Sometimes they fall into corners and that looks like it really hurts.

Baby girl hit her head some kinds of awful last night after refusing to go to sleep (see? I told ya you should have just gone to bed!). She was running around, all amped up that dadda was home and while I was busy squirting ketchup on a leftover cheeseburger from her birthday bbq, bam! She slammed her forehead into the corner of a wall in our dining room.

The wailing was nothing too unusual, the bump on her head was extra large but nothing too scary either. Overall it is huge and I felt bad for her but I know these things are going to happen regularly. What my husband did after that I lost a lot of sleep over--he googled "baby" and "concussion." Thanks honey!

Since it was her bedtime anyway, yes she was lethargic and a bit confused. No I didn't really think she had a concussion, but thanks to my husband's reading everything he found out loud I woke up half the night double-checking the monitor to make sure she was moving around in her crib as normal.

She's fine, but if you ever have your kid pass out after hitting his/her head, definitely visit the doctor. Other bad signs are vomiting the day after a bad spill, disorientation and eye trouble.

See Dr. Sears site for more information on all head injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment